Head of People Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of People Operations who will lead the transformation of Kainos’ centralised people operations in line with their global growth strategy.
You will be a key member of the People Support Management team and provide strategic people direction across Kainos. You will lead and manage a busy global HR operational function and in tandem transform the function to ensure key people initiatives and processes are user centric, standardised, efficient, and delivered within clearly defined SLA’s. Working closely with Systems team, you will drive a road map of Human Capital Management improvements with a focus on employee and manager self-serve ensuring that new functionality is fully embedded and communicated across the business.
- Supporting the delivery of our People strategy - develop the existing People Support function to provide best in class service to Kainos globally. This will include defining the appropriate team structure, remodelling, or scaling our business processes and delivering against clearly defined SLA’s.
- Driving continuous improvement – drive improvements within all People processes maximising use of HCM technology/HRIS to create efficiency and oversee the execution, communication and embedding of changes across the business.
- Managing global people operational processes – be responsible for the delivery of all cyclical HR processes within the employee lifecycle and facilitate global mobility, working in conjunction with People Partners, SMEs, and business stakeholders.
- Owning people policies – ensure people policies (in each jurisdiction) are compliant, commercially focussed, user friendly and embedded within the business. You may also be responsible for leading on the implementation of any changes as appropriate.
- Managing Employee Relations issues – ensure strategic advice and guidance to business leaders across multiple jurisdictions globally and legal compliance on all employment matters.
- Delivering Management information – deliver accurate and timely MI that can be used to inform discussions across the business and anticipate future trends, driving people change initiatives in line with best practice, industry standards and the longer-term growth of the business.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships - develop relationships with leaders and managers across our business to become a trusted advisor on all people matters. You will also develop networks external to Kainos that allow you to share learnings, act as an ambassador for the brand and remain up to date on any changes in legislation and/or best practice.
- Putting people first & developing others – manage, coach, and develop a team, with a focus on employee performance and career development. You will also be an active role model for the People Support function in the wider business.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience leading a fast-paced operations delivery/HR Shared Services team with experience in process improvement and operations transformation
- Proven experience in managing a team (10+), ideally across multiple locations or jurisdictions
- Experience of managing business change projects through the application of strong project management skills
- Experience in using HCM/HRIS technology to drive business efficiency and enhance user experience
- A good understanding of UK and ROI employment legislation with proven experience in the management of complex employee relations matters
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills with an ability to communicate and present effectively to stakeholders and groups of different levels of seniority
- A proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of trends and changes that impact people and the working culture.
Kainos are an equal opportunities employer and Clarendon Executive are acting as an agent on their behalf.