Marketing Director – Belfast Distillery Company
Reference No 21051
Belfast Distillery Company is recruiting for an experienced and exceptional Marketing Director to grow our brand and organisation into a highly successful company within the Irish Whiskey industry. The position will be based in Belfast, located at the city’s soon to be built, first Distillery in almost one hundred years.
Belfast Distillery Company launched McConnell’s Irish Whisky one year ago and the brand has already achieved significant success in the USA, Australia, Ireland and several other global markets. BDC intends to grow the number of markets where the brand will be available and continue to build the performance of the portfolio across all key brand metrics. In addition to this BDC are taking forward plans to build a new whiskey distillery and visitor attraction in North Belfast by the end of 2022.
Reporting to the CEO, you will have full autonomy over marketing, branding, innovation, and communications as well as being an integral member of the leadership team that is “Bringing Distilling Back to Belfast”.
- Build a comprehensive marketing strategy, including but not limited to advertising, trade marketing, digital communications, and public relations, based upon information and key insight.
- Prepare annual marketing plans, creating a calendar of campaigns and events for global markets, ensuring a consistent brand message is delivered throughout all marketing channels.
- Set and manage the marketing budget to deliver a solid portfolio performance then ensure that resources are used efficiently through regular planning, implementation, and evaluation of spend.
- Recruit, manage and brilliantly lead the marketing team, providing opportunities for personal development, enabling team members to achieve the targets of the business and personal success.
- Full P&L responsibility for the portfolio, providing detailed reports and research to Board of Directors on business performance with recommendations on strategic direction.
- Review competitor activity and market conditions to adapt marketing strategies accordingly and ensure that McConnell’s Irish Whisky wins in a highly competitive category.
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems necessary for the smooth operation of the marketing function allowing for collaboration with other functions within the business to maximise success.
- Co-ordinate media and other external interest in the organisation to ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to all stakeholders including company shareholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level education with significant experience working in a Marketing leadership role.
- Proven ability to grow brands across global markets.
- Experience setting and managing budgets; growing and leading marketing teams to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to ensure people believe in the strategic direction.
- Ability and experience in managing relationships both internal and external with key stakeholders.
- Highly driven, enthusiastic, able to work on own initiative and be a key part of a winning team.
- Excellent communicator with ability to develop strong business relationships.
Application is by tailored cv and supporting statement. Belfast Distillery Company is an equal opportunities employer and Clarendon Executive is acting as an agent on their behalf.