Student Systems & Data Manager
An exciting opportunity to join the expanding Digital Services team at Ulster University in a managerial role at this critical time of change. Robust, accessible systems are fundamental not only to the service users of the University but also its future strategic ambitions. There is a growing need for technology across all areas of the University and the agility of student systems is an important element of success.
- Responsible for leading the team supporting the student records system and associated services, systems, and data technologies.
- Management of the technical team supporting these services, identifying, and planning budgets and will have significant autonomy and responsibility for decision making.
- Experienced manager in technical leadership, with current experience in the full application lifecycle, and supporting large complex enterprise systems.
- Responsibility for establishing plans, roadmaps, and management of the technical landscape for the services under their responsibility.
- As part of the division’s management team, contribute to the overall management across the division, the development of a new enterprise application strategy, and the implementation of the digital transformation strategy.
- Lead in establishing a new support partner to assist in moving our Banner student record system to the cloud and the source of authority for student related data, ensuring governance and quality standards are in place and maintained.
- Change manager for all systems under their responsibility and ensuring robust release management is in place.
- Good communication skills be able to present technical subjects to non-technical people.
- Educated to degree or postgraduate level (or equivalent or higher) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline or Equivalent relevant experience and a professional qualification.
- Experience of full life-cycle application management of a portfolio of applications in a large complex environment.
- Technical background, with an understanding and experience of large-scale service and software development practices in a large, complex environment including agile development and robust configuration and release management practices.
- Evidence of successful leadership, management and mentoring of a team of technical or computing specialists.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 4th May 2021